Sunday, December 1, 2013

Mi Amor por Comida!!


Once a prolific wizard of the kitchen, I have now relegated my cooking skills to quickies like Maggi, cornflakes and my favourite Wai Wai noodles - just heat the water for a minute or so, pour on the noodles y ya :)

Nonetheless my love for food and the never to be fulfilled desire of owning a restaurant, never to be fulfilled 'cos I dumped the whole idea myself....too much work and involvement, and to top it all stories like people in this business don't get to enjoy their own meals most of the time.. I was like, then what's the whole point!!

Anyway, where were we, now this is a big problem with me trying to pen my thoughts coz they tend to run scatter like children running out of school, especially the ones in the local government school - the happiness on their face so evident as if mocking the sanity of such polity as to make education mandatory when there ain't no food at home, most cases not even a home and no bloody damned opportunity…
Well, polity discussion later, where was I …  hmm… children, my restaurant, my love for food… yes, that one -"mi amor por comida"


Ya, I tend to get talking in Spanish, its just a bloody showoff thing, being in Latam and all you know. While the truth is that in front of people actually talking in Spanish (back there in Latam, yeah ;)) … well, in front of them my lips were sealed like the constricted ass of a constipated moron… :P

Oh Lord, another tangent…

So I was talking about, and this time I remember. Ya I do that you know, I remember stuff, some people call me sharp brain, brilliant mind, even rare DNA and stuff. But I like to think of myself as just a bloody freaking genius, eccentric, egocentric and simply amazing, and a bit.. err... a big showoff, as the Spanish thing you see ;)

Ok, so what I remember is that my love for food and the deprivation of pursuing it due to this global delivery IT model that I am an irreplaceable part of (why irreplaceable you may ask, well 'cos m da  best...and a big showoff!! ) 

Anyway, it got me thinking and a wonderful thought came to me. Isn't it all the same, the GDM and the restaurant business?
Its like the Project Manager is the Chef (that's me ofcourse), the Technical Architect is the Sous Chef, the onsite co-ordinator is the Maitre D', the Development team is a bunch of Cooks and the Implementation folks are all Waiters!!


Nice way to look at things, atleast today in office I will feel as if I am working in a restaurant :D

Btw, that's all I wanted to tell today…..about my cooking, ambitions, school children, their opportunities, Latam & ofcourse Spanish, GDM, my work and my DNA - keep watching this space!!

Later guys ;)

4 comments:

  1. Yo tambiƩn me encanta la comida...!!
    Anyway coming to your thoughts of opening a restaurant...its gr8 that you are looking at your IT stuff as your restaurant...coz after all you cant leave the IT sector...I mean without you they'll start making losses!!
    Coming to children running out of school.....awwww....I remember this one time when I went to pick up my nephew from his school...they were all scattered like you said!!!
    Keep blogging!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ankita, sure will keep blogging.. you just keep the awwws coming.. 'cos I bet there will be a many … watch out for the next one, sometime soon :D

      Delete
  2. Hey! Atighumakkad! Welcome to the world of blogging...Dios Mio! your first post is funny...me likes...keep the 'tangents' flowing

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Navanwita!
      To be very honest, it was the 'Forgotten Fads' of someone's brain that inspired me to jot down my own brain fads… lest they be forgotten :)
      The Tangents will keep flowing as I love the 'Dios Mios' coming my way ;)

      Delete